100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Prague Dinner Cruiseat Prague Dinner Cruise, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Tue, 25 May 2021
From $ 45.20
2. Terezin Concentration Campat Terezin Concentration Camp, Wed, 27 May 2020 - Mon, 24 May 2021
From $ 63.20
3. Prague Brewery Tourat Prague Brewery Tour, Th, 28 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 58.00
4. Following Mozart's Footsteps: A Guided Tourat Following Mozart's footsteps, Wed, 27 May 2020 - Fri, 21 May 2021
From $ 49.80
5. Communist Walking Tourat Communist Walking Tour, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Tue, 25 May 2021
From $ 44.00
6. Czech Beer Tastingat Czech Beer Tasting, Th, 28 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 29.00
7. Grand City Tour of Pragueat Grand City Tour of Prague, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Wed, 31 Mar 2021
From $ 32.00
8. Prague Segway Tourat Prague Segway Tour, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Wed, 31 Mar 2021
From $ 104.10
9. Prague Lunch Cruiseat Prague Lunch Cruise, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Tue, 25 May 2021
From $ 39.90
10. City Cruise Pragueat City Cruise Prague, Tue, 26 May 2020 - Tue, 25 May 2021
From $ 14.50
Black Light Theatre Srnec
Want an out-of-the-box experience on your trip to Prague? A visit to the Black Light Theatre Srnec is as different as they come, and a true traditional Czech theater event. Light, darkness, and colors are separated in a show where no one speaks. Here the mundane world gets transformed into a surreal experience. This entertaining performance is a real crowd-pleaser.
- Visit the first black light theatre in the world
- Experience a traditional Czech theater event
- Catch a colorful and fun show
What can I expect?
What makes the art of black light theater so special? It all begins with black curtains, a darkened stage, and UV light. These elements are paired with costumes and various forms of movement (such as dance, mime and acrobatics). When it all comes together, the result is remarkable shows and marvelous visual illusions. Black Light Theatre Srnec is the only original black light theater in Prague. Having been in business since 1961, it's the oldest black light theater in the world.
Scenes will differ from performance to performance, serve as a guided tour through the history of Black Light Theatre Srnec. "Launderette," for example, is the oldest black light theater scene in existence, created two years prior to the official foundation of the Black Light Theatre Srnec. The scene 'Magician' allows the invisible performers to show their mastery. The objects appear, change and vanish again. And the nearly human behavior of the four-legged friend of a Western bartender in the scene 'Horse' makes you laugh heartily.
You witness the first black light theatre sketches ever created and you even listen to the music composed by the founder of the theatre himself.
Since the opening the shows of Black Light Theatre Srnec have been seen at almost 90 festivals around the world - and it is still going strong! Don't miss the opportunity to see the company on its home stage in the marvelous heart of Europe.
How does it work?
Your ticket will be e-mailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Bring a printed copy with you to the theater.
- Please be at Black Light Theatre Srnec in time to find your seats. Latecomers will not be seated until a suitable break.
- Change of repertoire can happen with short notice.
Infant (0-2): Free of charge
Daily at 8 PM
Fantastic: 4.1 – 142 reviews
"Small intimate theatre in busy street beside a casino. Very warm and comfortable. Very skilled and talented use of mime and puppetry."
"Das war künstlerisch sehr wertvoll und wirklich großartig! Man sollte unbedingt einen Fächer mitnehmen, da es sehr stickig im kleinen Theater ist. Luftig anziehen. Wir hatten viel Spaß!!!! Danke an das Ensemble!"
Susanne Sun, 1 Mar 2020
Ganz entzückende Vorstellung.Sprachliche Hindernisse sind durch die Besonderheit dieser Kunstform ausgeschlossen.Die Ausgestaltung der Theaterräumlichkeiten ist sehr originell. er Kunstform nicht vorhanden.
"Ganz entzückende Vorstellung. Sprachliche Hindernisse sind durch die Besonderheit dieser Kunstform nicht vorhanden. Die Ausgestaltung der Theaterräumlichkeiten ist sehr originell. Tolle Atmosphäre."
Roland Fri, 21 Feb 2020
"Kannatti käydä katsomassa. Esiintyjät taitavia ja esitykset hauskoja, vähän erilaista teatteria mihin on tottunut."
Minna Sun, 16 Feb 2020