100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Following Mozart's Footsteps: A Guided Tourat Following Mozart's footsteps, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Fri, 2 Apr 2021
From $ 49.80
2. Prague Brewery Tourat Prague Brewery Tour, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 58.00
3. Dinner at Municipal Houseat Dinner at Municipal House, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Wed, 31 Mar 2021
From $ 40.90
4. Prague City Bike Tourat Prague City Bike Tour, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 31.40
5. Folklore Evening with dinnerat Folklore Evening with dinner, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Wed, 31 Mar 2021
From $ 72.30
6. Prague Pub Crawlat Prague Pub Crawl, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 29.00
7. Czech Beer Tastingat Czech Beer Tasting, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Th, 31 Dec 2020
From $ 29.00
8. Communist Walking Tourat Communist Walking Tour, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Sat, 3 Apr 2021
From $ 44.00
9. Prague Castle: Skip The Lineat Prague Castle w. skip-the-line, Fri, 1 May 2020 - Sat, 3 Oct 2020
From $ 18.40
10. Terezin Concentration Campat Terezin Concentration Camp, Fri, 17 Apr 2020 - Sat, 3 Apr 2021
From $ 63.20
Don Giovanni – Marionette Theatre
Enjoy the famous opera Don Giovanni, written by one of history's most talented composers: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. This performance takes place at The Marionette Theatre in Prague. It is a real Czech specialty - and an enjoyable attraction for the whole family!
- Spend an evening at the famous Czech marionette theater
- Enjoy an opera for the whole family
- Listen to wonderful music by Mozart
What can I expect?
The National Marionette Theatre presents a new interpretation of the brilliant opera Don Giovanni, using tall marionettes, stylish period costumes, and original stage effects. This performance is presented in the original Italian libretto, written by Lorenzo Da Ponte, who was a dear friend of Mozart's. The skilled use of marionettes make this an nontraditional performance that will appeal to all ages.
Seeing Don Giovanni in Prague has special meaning, as the opera was composed specifically for this city and its people. The city fell in love with Mozart's work after another of his operas, The Marriage of Figaro, was performed there. The people of Prague wanted to hear more from this wonderful talent, and so Mozart presented them with Don Giovanni. He also personally conducted its world premiere on October 29th, 1787 at The Estates Theatre.
Don Giovanni is considered to be Mozart's darkest opera. Don Giovanni is a young, arrogant, and licentious nobleman who abuses and outrages everyone around him. He doesn't care about the consequences of his actions or the people he hurts along the way. But as he refutes chance after chance to turn his life around, his world becomes darker and emptier. Will he finally change his ways-- or will he encounter something he cannot kill, dodge or outwit?
Did you know? The character of Don Giovanni is based upon the legendary Don Juan, who first appeared in European folklore in the 16th century!
How does it work?
Your ticket will be e-mailed directly to you shortly after your booking is complete. Bring a printed copy with you to the theater.
Infant (0-2): Free of charge
Please check calender for available dates and times.
What’s not included?
Food and drinks.
Fantastic: 4.2 – 55 reviews
"Nice show. Very funny"
Mingda Mon, 6 Jan 2020
The Don Marionette Performance
"Seeing Don Giovanni as a marionette show was very enjoyable. The added humorous touches and abbreviated score made it ideal for children Only problem was the hard and narrow seating. But for under two hours it was well worth it."
Excellent peek at this cnturies-old magical craft of puppeteering
"The site was a little hard to locate, but the show was well worth the effort. Loved the intjerections of humour the colorful and skillfully manipulated puppeteers and costumes. Just returned home and am already giving it recommendations. Also appreciated the facility with which the ticket transfers were handled smoothly over the Internet. Good show!"
Marionettentheater ----Ein Muss bei einem Pragbesuch!!
Karla Th, 2 Jan 2020